Saturday, October 9, 2010

Well, look at that..


So, as much as I try to tell myself that I am going to start blogging on a daily basis. I need to just admit to myself the truth and that that, will probably never happen.

Anyways, back to business. Most people who are close to me have heard me refer to "the vision" lately. A few weeks ago, I went to a neighbors house for a "Trash to Treasure" relief society activity. And ever since, I have been obsessed with doing some crafting. The vision being, things I want to do for our house.

So, two weeks ago, my friend, Ann Michelle, and I went to Poky. I'm a follower of the Vintage Farm Furniture on FB and they had this pitcher that I wanted. So, I made the drive down to purchase my $10 pitcher and then we did some antique shopping at a fun antique store. It was way fun. )Next time going to go on a Tues-Sat for sure tho, so I can go to my favorite antique store, Vain and Vintage, they were closed :(.
Here's the pitcher

I bought a $4 old crate at the antique store, and this is what I did to it.
I had already started to paint it, but you can see that it's just an old wooden crate. With a little paint and stain. (And pain in the butt hand-painted letters.) Followed by some 'shrubbery'. Voila! It says "La Cuisine de Nixon est. 2003" Translated it means The Nixon Kitchen est. 2003.


























Perfect above our pantry.

I also bought a bunch of old frames from the antique store and the DI for like $.75 a piece. No Lying! Those are still a work in progress. So, maybe I'll get pics of those up when I finish those. But no guarantees. I'd really hate to become regular on this whole blogging thing. :) haha!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What the crap Heather! Did you actually post something? It's a miracle! Jk ha ha, I absolutely love your craft!! SOOO cute! Great job friend.

Erinn said...

wow! look at you go!! how'd you get the writing so cute on it?! love love love it! don't you love getting stuff up around the house?! i feel so productive when i do stuff that actually stays completed!

Pages